One of the common scenarios during the holidays is the Christmas rush. If you are like Paris Hilton who have lots of connections, networks, families, friends, colleagues, friends, classmates, and whatever, that you need to give gifts, you are obliged to find the easiest way to purchase items.
It is now possible to shop for gifts without going to the malls in a crowd frenzy. With just a few clicks, you can order your items and just wait a couple of days for your door to door delivery.
The internet is a bridge for easy communication and transaction over the phone, computers, credit cards, and insurance. So today, you can transact items and wait right at your doorstep. The downside is, if the connection is not secure, all important details can be obtained by anyone (as long they have the knowledge and software). To avoid this fraud, here are the DO’S and DON’TSDO’S
- Keep in mind that when you make credit card payments, it demands high-maintenance protection against fraud.
- Before clicking confirm, double check all details of your payment
- Make a background check of the website by checking the ‘About Us’ page and contact details. Know the founder and other details before you decide to enter payment details on their website.
- If you make a payment to an individual, trust only a secure payment site like PayPal. Note: Don’t transfer money directly into their bank account
- Practice logging out of the sites where you registered to ensure that your details and private messages are secure.
- Keep your receipts
- Check your bank statements regularly so you can track the activities of your account
- When your payment process is done, check credit card and bank statements carefully to ensure that the correct amount has been debited, and track that no fraud has taken place as a result of the transaction
- Always get an antivirus software, or if you already have one, get an updated anti-virus/anti-spyware software and firewall running before you go online
- For any online transaction, don’t give credit bank account information right away, especially if you don’t know the person well.
- For online payment, trust only websites which have digital certificates as all important details that you will share are protected with the help of encryption.