Online shopping is the most relaxing way to buy gifts and purchase any services and items. However, there is no assurance that shopping online is 100% safe because of the presence of fraudsters. Remember, not all ads and posts are legit because anybody can create a bogus account in Social Media and even create a fake website.
To have a safe online shopping, follow these DO’S and DON’TS tips:
- As much as possible, go only to online retailers/brands you personally know and trust. You can explore other websites if it is referred by your trusted friends and families. If you are visiting the page for the first time, do the necessary background check and read the FAQ and ABOUT US page.
- Be careful when dealing with sellers in other countries. Try read his behavior through the way he talks and the tone of his voice. If you are in doubt, don’t deal with the company.
- Check, read, and understand the delivery, insurance, warranty and returns policy of the company.
- Be more careful when purchasing expensive items. You have to be 100% sure that the company is legit.
- Always get a good anti-virus software or if you already have, update it. It flags or blocks any untrustworthy sites.
- If you are purchasing known brands, you better go to their official websites to find a list of authorized sellers
- If you have doubt to the reseller do not purchase at all. Trust your instincts!
- Don’t give your personal information especially credit cards to a reseller without doing a background check.
- Don’t click pop-out links if you’ve open a shopping website. Pop-out links may contain such virus.